Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Did I Say Friday?

Well, things are going slower than I thought, but that's ok. There's no rush. I am not starting work right away and I really want to get things in the right place and not just shoved away in a drawer. But, there is some progress. Here's some pictures of what's been taking place!

Right off, we wanted to add some curb appeal. Here's a before shot -

 
And here's after
 
                                                            
 
The side yard before
 
 
Adding a little Patriotic touch


                                                              This is a bump out area we didn't even know existed when we bought the house. We just thought there was a second bedroom back there. This is a wonderful space for my needlework studio and I am just thrilled to pieces to have it. What a nice surprise!!
                                                                        
                                                             This is the before picture



                                                                     And after - but still in progress

The framed pieces on either side of the window were my grandmother's hankies. My Dad had them framed for me years ago. It was one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received. I love hankies and my obsession started with her always having pretty ones at the ready.

 
The little quilts over my computer were made by my Mom and Sweetie had the idea to hang those vintage towel bars that I have been carting all over the country.



The framed piece is my first cross stitch I ever did - my Mom had it framed and it is one of my most precious possessions.

 
I love what we've done and the stitching room is so wonderful. There are a few things I still need to add to this room and right now I have about 5 places in the house to stitch. I am getting lots of stitching done because it is my stress relief from all these boxes!!!! But, for the most part, the boxes are gone and it's now the organizing part. So, more pictures to come. I'll leave you with this one - where we like to spend most of our down time.

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! What a wonderful stitching room you have! I really like the ladder with the hanging pots that you added to the front area.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I guess it says a lot about how much I love stitching. It's the first room that was finished! Well, except for the screened in porch. I'll post those pictures tomorrow. It's a great space!

      Delete
  2. I just discovered your blog and will become a follower! I love love love the ladder with the hanging flowers! What a brilliant idea!! Your before and after pics are awesome!! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete